PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) is a synthetic fluoropolymer that is used as a liner in catheters due to its unique properties. PTFE has a very low coefficient of friction, which helps to reduce friction in delivery systems and makes it easier to advance devices such as stents or balloons.
PTFE is also a highly durable material with excellent tensile strength. Catheter liners made of PTFE can withstand the stresses of use in medical devices and resist breaking or tearing.
AP Technologies provides PTFE liners of the highest consistency for maximum yield and optimal device performance.
- Excellent surface bondability
- High tensile strength and elongation
- Consistent dimensional stability
- Low friction inner lumen
- ID ranges from 0.040″ to 0.175″ (1.0mm to 4.4mm)
- Ultra-thin walls from 0.0007″ to 0.003″ (0.018mm to 0.076mm)
- Industry leading tolerances
- Best-in-class tensile strength
- Excellent adhesion
- Consistent lot-to-lot surface etching
- Both standard and custom sizes provided
- Ready stock available in online store
- Braid Reinforced Introducers
- Guide Catheters
- Micro Catheters
- Steerable Catheters
- Delivery Systems